- Instrumentation: four piccolos
- Composer: KJERULF, Halfdan (1815 - 1868)
- Difficulty Level: intermediate - advanced [ UK grade 4 - 7 ]
- Duration: 1:00"
- Genre: Romantic Norwegian
- Arranger: R. Trubger
- Extra:Free online rehearsal track.
Short, sparkling, speedy!
Halfdan Kjerulf was the first Norwegian composer to blend Classical style with Norwegian folk music, and his works had a big influence on the compositional style of Edvard Grieg.
This piece makes a sparkling demonstration for advanced players, or it can be used as an easy piece for an intermediate ability quartet.
VIDEO: performance by Nicole Esposito, Rena Urso-Trapani, Angela Jones-Reus, Sarah Jackson.