An orchestral work by a female composer, that is a delight to play and includes a triangle solo in the fourth movement.
Emilie Mayer was known as the 'Weibliche Beethoven' (Female Beethoven), In fact her music is much better likened to that of her contemporary Robert Schumann. The structural aspects of her works are based on the Classical format, but she uses tonality with a greater freedom, employing many enharmonic tonal shifts.
The publication of this first printed edition, had a world premiere in Neubrandenburg, Germany (May 2012) to celebrate the bicentenary of Emilie Mayer.
- Movements: (1) Adagio - Allegro con spirito (2) Marche Funebre (3) Scherzo (4) Allegro
- Composer: MAYER, Emilie (1812 - 1883)
- Orchestral Set: score & parts
- Instrumentation: picc; 2-2-2-2, 2-2-3, timp, triangle, str.
- Duration: (1) 15:00" with exposition repeat (2) 5:30" (3) 7:00" (4) 6:30" (approximate timings)
- Genre: Late Classical / Early Romantic
In the video, the entire symphony is performed by Ensemble Reflektor conductor Holly Hyun Choe, recorded live on October 2nd, 2022.
Contact us to hire the Full Score & Parts
The score may be published separately price £75.