- Instrumentation: alto flute & piano
- Composers:KJERULF, Halfdan (1815 - 1868), GRIEG, Edvard (1843 - 1907)"
- Contents: (1) Synnøves Song (2) Solvejgs Song
- Difficulty Level: intermediate and above [ playable from UK grade 4]
- Duration: ca. (1) 1:45" (2) 3:45"
- arr: Roz Trubger
- Genre: Norwegian
Moving and poignant, some of the most haunting and beautiful music ever written. Synnøves Song (Synnøves Sang) by Kjerulf and Solveig's Song by Grieg. Both melodies feature a woman waiting for the return of her lover, and both have Norwegian folk music at their heart.
Halfdan Kjerulf was the first composer in Norway to incorporate nationalistic elements into his music, and he heavily influenced the style of Edvard Grieg.
- digital PDF download [8 pp]
- Extras: mp3 digital download play-along [2.5 - 5 MB]
- Mp3 Synnøves Song has an orchestration by Roz Trubger, Sovejg's song has the original orchestration by Grieg.