Designed to assist teachers giving online music lessons. Begins with 2 pages of very easy duets for beginners (or warm-ups) followed by seven duets featuring:
- Instrumentation: 2 players
- Difficulty Level of part 2: beginner to elementary [UK grade 0 - 4)
- fun to play, great tunes & rhythms.
- progressive contents, building confidence and technique.
- Call & Response style promotes learning, sight-reading and musical awareness
- Player 1 is a more difficult part, suitable for a music teacher or more able student.
- Player 2 : the first piece starts with just 3 notes, then progresses quickly introducing more fingerings & rhythms to suit a variety of abilities.
- No need to pre-record a part, you can play these duets in real time.
- all composed and arranged by Roz Trübger
Taking the simple idea of a conversation between two players, these six Musical Conversations are especially arranged to overcome the problems of playing together on the internet. Each performer in turn plays a short phrase that is then answered by the other player, enabling live music making via the internet. Especially good for flute lessons and other wind instruments as well as violins, Also in bass clef for bassons, 'cellos etc
The idea for these Musical Conversations came about as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020, and the Lockdown that prevented musicians from playing live music together. Roz wanted to find a way to support musicians and live music during this tough time.
Suitable for online teaching, friends and FUN !
- Six Conversation Starters - for beginners or warm-ups
- Aurora (comp. Truebger)
- Morning (Grieg arr. Truebger)
- Blue Skies (comp. Truebger)
- Sunset Song (comp. Truebger)
- Early Taggle (Trad. English arr. Truebger)
- Habanera (Courras arr. Truebger)
- Goodnight Etude (Tershak arr. Truebger)
The RANGE for player 2 in the Treble clef edition is mostly within the stave, progressing as follows:
- Conversation Starters begin GAB only, progress to 4th line D (D”)
- Aurora : within the stave, highest note 4th line (D” )
- Morning : within the stave plus A” ,introduces C# fingering
- Blue Skies : within the stave to G”, introduces B flat & E flat, simple jazzy rhythm
- Sunset Song : goes to B”(one leger line), introduces F#
- Early Taggle ; within the stave
- Habanera : includes a D major scale with resulting highest note top D’”, introduces triplets and G#.
- Goodnight Etude : within the stave plus A", with wider intervals and sfz,
- The teachers part has a pair of top E’s in no.2 and a top D in no.6 but otherwise also stays always comfortably below this.
The RANGE for player 2 in the CLARINET edition is progressive :
- Clarinet Conversation Starters begin CDE and stay below the break
- Aurora : all below the break with 1st space F#
- Morning : goes across and above the break as high as 4th line D", introduces B flat
- Blue Skies : apart from one note, is all below the break, introduces E flat & A flat in a simple jazzy rhythm.
- Sunset Song : goes to top space E"
- Early Taggle ; goes to top line F#
- Habanera : includes a D major scale with resulting highest note top D’”, introduces triplets
- Goodnight Etude : all within the stave with wider intervals and sfz,