- Movements: (1) Allegro non molto (2) Adagio (3) Allegro commodo.
- Composer: GLUCK, Ch. W (1714 - 1787)
- Instrumentation: flute & piano /or flutes 1 & 2
- Difficulty Level: Advanced [ UK grade 7 - 8 ]
- Duration: (1) 4:40"(2) 6:40" (3) 4:30" [approximate timings]
- Arranger: R. Trubger
- Genre: Late Baroque / Rococo
Technically not very difficult and so perfect for students who have just arrived at advanced standard and need something to stretch them. Lively outer movements surround a hauntingly beautiful slow movement, making this Concerto in G major [g-dur] by Gluck always very popular.
Cadenzas are included for all three movements, adapted and composed by Roz Trubger according to the principles advised by J.J. Quantz.
The included flute duet* is the special feature of this edition, allowing the work to be performed by 2 equal flutes with or without a piano. Flute 1 has the complete flute solo, while the accompaniment is compressed into a single line for flute 2.
Full Score & orchestral parts to hire. Contact us for details.
- CONTENTS: flute solo; piano accompaniment; flute duet
- PDF digital download = 36 pages
- MP3 play-alongs file sizes: 9 - 13 MB
- MP3 backing has orchestral sounds